Friday, August 14, 2009

What To Do When You Feel Stressed





Before you receive God’s peace, there are two important things that we have to do.

1. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need.
2. Thank Him for all He has done.

Philippians 4:6 (New King James Version)
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;


Many people pray, but they forget the second step.

Whenever you are in a stressful situation, it is so refreshing to stop and think of all of the things God has already done for you. Recounting His blessings for yourself will give you the faith and reassurance that He will come through for you this time too!

Praising Him for what He has already done develops an attitude of thankfulness in your heart. That thankfulness will begin to develop God's joy and peace inside of you.

Philippians 4:8 (New King James Version)
Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.


Pray this Prayer

Father,
We come before You with thanks for all our blessings. We know Your goodness and we're so grateful for all You do for us. Lord, You can see how very stressed and anxious I am. I don't want to be this way. I want to have peace in my life and in my house. I'm tired of living this way, God. I just give up control to You Lord. You have the power to change the people in my life who are making me nuts. And please change me so I can deal with all the people and things in my life the way You would.
Reach down your hand, Lord. Help me be an example of Your peace to the people around me. Show me how to focus on You. Help me hear from You, God, so I know what You would have me do in all my stressful situations. Show me how to be a blessing today, Lord. Thank You for helping me. Thank You for blessing me. And thank You for loving me enough to hear my prayers.

We ask all things in Jesus' name. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Philippians 4:6 (New King James Version)
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

One of the hardest lessons for me to learn has been that i need to trust in the Lord, not stress and to know that things will come in his time not mine. it has been a hard lesson but when i put my life in the Lords hands thing got a lot easier and i have become alot happier. ash

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this prayer. Bless Jesus Christ for watching over me and my family through a very stressful time.