Friday, May 18, 2012

Is Your House Built on Sand or Rock

"But everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand." - Matthew 7:26

There were two kinds of people in the days of Jesus. Some heard the words that Jesus spoke and were awed by His wisdom and understanding, but did nothing about what they heard. Others heard those words and acted on them. Jesus said that those who heard the words but failed to put them into practice were foolish and likened them to building a house on sand. How foolish, indeed, it would be to build a house on sand.

The person who followed what Jesus taught was a person who would be sure to weather life's storms.

Weathering lifes storm's are difficult and even more difficult without Jesus.  I have often attempted to weather them without the God and each time I am brought back to Matthew 7:26.  I then realize what a foolish man I am, and turn to Him.  Things may not turn out the way I want, but they get better in the end when I have surrendered them to God. 

No comments: