Monday, July 20, 2009

Good day (Faith – HOW IS YOURS), my name is Kevin Smiley; I am here today to testify and witness to you about the love and faith that I have in and for JESUS CHRIST my LORD and SAVIOR. You may have seen my name on the prayer list over the last several months for healing. You see, I suffer from a rare brain disease called “frontotemporal dementia” or “Picks”. This disease attacks the frontal lobe of the brain which controls your emotions, social skills, language, behavior, short term memory, and many other learned behaviors. Well, as you can imagine this has put a whole new meaning to the rest of my life (I will probably be wearing diapers soon) (Sorry Deb, and you thought you were past taking care of babies). Now seriously, there is no cure. Typical life span for someone with this disease is 2-5 years, and some have lived with it for 10 plus years. My physician believes that I have had this disease for about 18 months. Well, GOD has been speaking to me about something we all have in common and we don’t really realize it all and we take it for granted. You may ask what he is talking about. It is “we know not what day we will be called to Glory for judgment.” (I ask you “Where are you in your faith and walk”). This disease will ultimately take my life unless the LORD heals me and I believe that that can happen. However, I do not know what is in HIS plan. It dawned on me as I was writing this that HIS plan was already working and I am certain that HIS will is happening as I stand here speaking with you all. Just in the last four months my faith in JESUS has grew to the height that it should have always been. In Romans 10:17 says, “Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of GOD.” I have not questioned GOD on why this has happened to my family and me, rather I have let my faith, trust, and belief grow in GOD. In my heart I know what GOD has in store for me now! It was to bring my faith to the level it should have been, and give me the ability and power to deliver a message, and for me to witness and testify to the masses that know matter what this world hands you, always take a negative event in your life and turn it into a positive. I have chosen to take my negative event and deliver GOD’s word on faith. If we have little faith in GOD, then we mock HIM. I don’t want to leave this life without bringing one person to JESUS CHRIST. What my family and I are going through right now is in no comparison to what JESUS went through 2000 years ago. He suffered on the cross for sinners like me and you, so we could have ever lasting life with him. I ask you, “If you only knew you had only a one day to live, would you be ready to meet JESUS.” This is a question you need to ask yourself right this very second. If you have one ounce of doubt in your heart then step out and step up for JESUS. If you stop and think about one of the worst things that has every happen in your life, and you could magnify the pain it caused by 100%, this would not compare to the pain you will feel if you do not have Jesus in your heart before your time ends on earth. It took a diagnosis of a rare terminal brain disease for me to figure it out! Don’t be me and better yet don’t wait to surrender your life to JESUS. (It might just be too late)

Remember what John 3:16 says, “For GOD so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 comment:

Erica Steed said...

Before seeing you the other day I was down about a recent doctor visit with my son. However, you brighten up my day. Your faith is just remarkable. It has been along time since I've heard someone spreading the good news of the Lord. I've been sharing your faith with all my friends and family. I'm trying to have a new outlook on life "turning my negatives into positives".

You are truly "One of the good guy". Please continue to be a walking bible for many more to see and learn from.

God Bless,
Erica