Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fighting Satan in your life

I have to fight Satan every day of my life. I feel like most days I have a monster on my back that is trying to get out. I know that it is related to the brain disease. Even this morning when I was agitated the monster came out and showed it's face to my beloved wife. She asked me why I had to be so hateful, and I have know excuse other than the monster is in me trying to take over my mind, and his name is Satan. He is trying destroy my mind even as I write. I rebuke him and give him no authority in my life. As I sit in my chair I asked God to give me what I needed to fight this enemy and He told me that I was not the only one fighting this fight. God told me to share what is needed to defeat Satan. I have to remind myself daily that this is a brain disease and it is God's Will not mine on what happens.

Before you and I can fight our enemy Satan, we must believe that he exists. We must also believe that God exists. In other words, we must believe in the Bible and that it is true, and its descriptions of the spirit realm: a righteous God and His angelic messengers warring against an evil fallen angel Satan and other angels who joined him in rebellion, are true. We cannot receive anything from God if we call Him a liar. But, if we believe that God’s Word is true, then we will believe the promises in His Word; that it has power and gives life (John 6:63). The life that we get from God’s Word is us being a new creation (II Corinthians 5:17) that hates and desires to defeat sin and evil within and the power that we receive is in the Name and Blood of Jesus Christ that we use to call upon God, who then grants our desire by defeating the external and internal evil. Why? Because it is also God’s desire for that evil to be defeated. Thus, when we engage in spiritual warfare, God is using us to establish His Will on earth as it is in established in Heaven (Matthew 6:10).

John 6:63 (New King James Version)
63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (New King James Version)
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Matthew 6:10 (New King James Version)
10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Dear God, give me the power to defeat the monsters in my life. I need you dear Lord and I rebuke any authority that the devil thinks he has in my life and I send it back to the maker. Lord keep my family safe and watch over them. For it's in Christ name I pray. Amen.

No comments: