Sunday, August 16, 2009

One Month to Live


If today you found out you had one month to live, what would you do differently?

This is a question that I have had to ask myself over the last several months.

I spent most of my time over the last months trying to figure out what has this all been for. I have a beautiful family, a great job, a home, cars, and money in the bank. However, the job, home, cars, and money is not important now!

You see with out God in my heart the material things in my life won't get me to heaven, it only satisfies my worldly desires. This life holds much more than all the material things. If we spend are lives focusing on possessions ,then we have forgotten whats the most important thing we should be doing in our physical life. Our focus should be on bring people to Christ and praising His Holy name.

If you died today which way would you go? You have two alternatives; Heaven or Hell for all eternity.

Would you hear; 23 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
(New King James Version)Matthew 25:23

Are you going to be obedient, even until death?

Think about how obedient Jesus Christ was, and the suffering He did for us. Yes, you and Me. What an awesome God we have. He gave his only Son for sinners like us.

You will have a more abundant life with Christ in your heart. This is promised to us in God's word; "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10(NKJV)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome God we have. He gave his only Son for sinners like us.

the thought of this and all the pain he felt for each of us brings tears to my eyes. i am grateful for Jesue Christ and his sacrifice. ash