Sunday, October 18, 2009

Courage


Is the ability for one to follow one's instict from within. All of us are given the ability from God to be of strong courage. If we stay true to courage then we are one with God!


John 16:33 (New King James Version)
33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”


John 16:33 (Amplified Bible)
33I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]


Deuteronomy 33:27 (New King James Version)
27 The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’

Deuteronomy 33:27 (Amplified Bible)
27The eternal God is your refuge and dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He drove the enemy before you and thrust them out, saying, Destroy!


God is our only true fefuge, our only true security. How often we entrust our lives to the things of the world - is it money, cars, careeers, maybe a nobel cause, or a lifelong dream.


God promises us He will always hold out his arms to catch us when we are weak and the courage collapses around us. This has been my week for weak courage. I have to remember that no storm can destroy me when I take refuge in Him and Him alone. Because God is my refuge, I can dare to be bold.



No comments: