Thursday, October 8, 2009

Prayer Time


My sickness seems to be more of a struggle some days. It seems like a time of darkness, a real time of struggle and despair... My prayers seemed to lack real punch and I believe it is due to my sickness. It has been a time of testing what lies within me, I think. So many nights I found myself fighting battles inside me – breaking through quite easily and winning. Now when I look at theology, given how hard it was to have any faith in this time of trial, but now it all seems so clear and so obvious. I have learned to let it all go and give it completely over to God.


Prayer has given me the strength to meet challenges in relationships, health and finances. I have a closer connection with God and a better ability to know how I am to carry out God's will. But, if you're like me, even though you like to pray and understand the power of prayer, you sometimes just can't find the time in your busy life to pray. Yet Jesus asked us to "pray without ceasing."


This means you can pray when you walk, work, play, and in any activity that you do during the day. This will give you the constant prayer that we are supposed to be in.


It took Thomas Edison thousands of tries to make the light bulb work. He finally did it! Why? Because he never stopped trying. The same is true of prayer. To get closer to God and to find the answers you seek, you have to...


"...pray without ceasing."(Thess. 5:17)


Here's the best part. Jesus didn't tell us to memorize long complicated prayers. Nor did Jesus tell us that our prayers had to be poetic.


Prayer in its simplest terms is you talking with God and then listening to Him for His answers and direction.


So, what's the best way to pray to God? Again, Jesus tells us...


"...whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."(Mat. 21:22)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this post!!! ash