Monday, April 19, 2010

Believing

Believing in God’s Word

Has God given you a word for the season you are in? Has he promised you something. All you need to do is just trust in him for he will watch over it until it comes to pass. Do not lean on your own understanding but on God. Things might not look as good as he had promised but proclaim the word that he has given you. Do not look at the situation you are in now but at the glory to come afterwards. Things might be very tough and the devil might keep on reminding you that you are not going anywhere with your faith but keep on holding on.

You will have the last laugh when God turns around the situation and you are on top. Do not compromise your faith no matter how hard things get. God will not let you die in the situation. Just when you think that all is lost, he will come and rescue you. People might even mock you and say bad things about you, but do not give up. Sometimes, you will face rejection even from your family members but know that you serve a mighty God.

At his time, all your enemies will be overpowered. Whether you are facing financial downfalls, disease and failures in other parts of your life, all will disappear. You will be like those who dreamt. No one will ever imagine that you went through the things you had to endure. This will happen for we serve a mighty and faithful God.

Matthew 18:23-26

With God All Things Are Possible

23 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?”

26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

A morning prayer

There are so many things I take for granted. May I not ignore them today.

Just for today, help me, God, to remember that my life is a gift, that my health is a blessing, that this new day is filled with awesome potential, that I have the capacity to bring something wholly new and unique and good into this world.

Just for today, help me, God, to remember to be kind and patient to the people who love me, and to those who work with me too. Teach me to see all the beauty that I so often ignore, and to listen to the silent longing of my own soul.

Just for today, help me, God, to remember You.

Let this be a good day, God, full of joy and love. Amen.

No comments: