Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Receive God's Gift by Faith

 Receive God’s Gift by Faith

We receive salvation when we stop trusting in ourselves and put our trust in what Christ did for us.

Our salvation is a result of God’s grace. It’s based on what Jesus did for us on the cross. It has nothing to do with what we do for Him. We cannot save ourselves or earn God’s approval through the good works we do. We’re saved by God’s grace when we realize our need for a Savior, turn from sin, and receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, putting our trust in Him alone for salvation. (Romans 10:9–10; Ephesians 2:8–9)

Personal Application

Have you stopped trusting in yourself and started trusting in Christ alone for salvation?

Have you turned away from all known sin?

Have you confessed Jesus as the Lord and Master of your life?

Are you willing to follow and obey Him for the rest of your life?

Prayer for Salvation

Heavenly Father… I acknowledge that the separation between us… is because of my sin… I confess that I have sinned… and have fallen far short of Your glory… I thank You that You sent Your Son, Jesus… to pay the penalty for my sin… I believe that He died on the cross for me… I believe that You raised Him from the dead… I’m sorry for my sins… and I ask You to forgive and cleanse me… I want to turn away from everything the Bible calls sin… and receive You as my Lord, Master, and Savior… help me to love, serve, and obey You… for the rest of my life… in Jesus’ name. Amen!

A New Life

If you sincerely prayed that prayer, the Bible promises that the old has gone and the new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17)

No comments: