Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Grace Card


The Grace Card - What is it? What is it's purpose? What's the outcome? And how can we use it to help others?

Last night my wife watched this movie, which inspired me to write about what is a Grace Card.  We all are given a Grace Card from Jesus.  What we do with it, and how we can provide Grace to others is entirely up to us. 

I think it would serve best for us to understand the real meaning of Grace first.
Whenever the word "grace" is used in a religious context, the thought of "God's unmerited favor" comes to mind. The way that this is interpreted varies according to different religious philosophies. The doctrine of Grace is usually understood as the way one obtains salvation: salvation free from works. The central text used to support this view is Eph. 2:4-9.

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

I have messed up many times in my life, and in repentance I have seen that God’s grace is always willing to receive me back in love and mercy. We all need God. “The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me—to tell people the good news about God’s grace,” says Paul in Acts 20:24 (NCV). Sharing the transforming grace of God with others is a sacred responsibility. When we experience the transforming grace of God and his miraculous intervention, we should be filled with the desire to share that same wonderful reality with others!

                                                                  The Grace Card 

“I promise to pray for you every day, ask your forgiveness, grant you the same, and be your friend always."




To whom in your life do you need to offer The Grace Card?






No comments: