Monday, March 24, 2014

Is are conduct worthy of Christ

Phi 1:27. Is are conduct worthy of Christ?

Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, (NKJV)

Man, I struggle with this every day. Somedays I let a curse word out when I get angry, or I see something that just makes me disappointed in humanity. Somedays, I struggle with maybe wanting to have an alcoholic beverage, or I watch a movie that I know my God is disappointed with me over. It is very hard to stand fast in one spirit with all the temptations of the world. Temptations run deep, deeper than the ocean, further than the furthest star.

The greatest thing of all is that I have faith in the gospel, and faith and knowledge that Jesus gave it all for me. So, I will continue to fight temptations of this world. I am far from perfect, but the Lord understands that and forgives me with no strings attached. That is the most comforting feeling in the world.

No comments: