Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tough Times

Today, as I sit here wondering what God has in store for me, and I can't help but go back 36 years when I was a young boy. You see I had a paper route in Marion Indiana at age 10. This was my first job, and I loved it. Today I am the director of telecommunications at MCGHealth, in Augusta Georgia. This job has been the best; it has allowed me to grow as individual both intellectually and morally. My boss has taught me to always stand behind your word and maintain strong character. With the brain disease that I have it has been very challenging for me to understand why I have to give up what I enjoy doing so much. However, I will not question God on why this has happen. But, I will continue to worship him and thank him for allowing me the opportunity to serve such a wonderful organization. God is powerful and he has the ultimate plan.

In - Isaiah 43:2 (King James Version)

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Prayer for Strength in Weakness

Lord Jesus Christ, King of kings, you have power over life and death. You know even things that are uncertain and obscure, and our very thoughts and feelings are not hidden from you. Cleanse me from my secret faults, and I have done wrong and you saw it. You know how weak I am, both in soul and in body. Give me strength, O Lord, in my frailty and sustain me in my sufferings. Grant me a prudent judgment, dear Lord, and let me always be mindful of your blessings. Let me retain until the end your grace that has protected me till now.

~~ St Ephraim of Syria, Deacon, Poet and Doctor

3 comments:

Dyas said...

I like your blog, am very instructive!!

Anonymous said...

Your prayers are heard.

Anonymous said...

An interesting website I came across.

http://www.savehealed.com/healing.htm