Friday, July 24, 2009

Anger Management

At times we all get angry because of what this life hands us. Whether it's because of illness that has taken hold, or because of something or someone has done something to us. I have thought about this very often over the last several months and God has provided some scripture for me, and I hope that you find them helpful.

Galatians 2:20I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me.

Other Key Verses

Proverbs 14:29
"He who is slow to anger has great understanding, But he who is quick-tempered exalts folly."

1 Corinthians 13:4-5"Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered..."

Replace anger with kindness

You may ask yourself at times "how can I replace this anger with acts of kindness."

Ephesians 4:31"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.

And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought these went along great with your topic today. . .let me know what you think. Ash

Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Psalm 86:15
But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.
........yet again we can learn from the Lord's example, We too should be slow to anger.

John H said...

All these verses are great. May God give us the grace to walk them out. :-)John H

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places EPH 6:12