Monday, November 16, 2009

Thirst for God


It's either, "your God cup (heart/soul) is full or your God cup is half empty." I have gone through life with my cup filled half way up! It's up to me if I want a full cup or not. It's either your thirst for God is all the way, or you don't thirst for Him the right way. You want God in your life on your own terms, but not on His terms. His terms are simple. We are the ones that make it difficult by throwing in what we "will or will not" give up.

Christian's must always be "on-mission", for God! Look around you can see God in everything that we are and do. As Christians we are to reach out to everyone and spread the good news, but that requires a real thirst for God. How can you reach out, how can we be "on-mission" for God, if we don't have that deep hunger "thirst" for God, and the God cup is half full?

Psalms 42: 1-2 - 1. As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. 2. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

Walk towards the cross.

No comments: