Monday, December 14, 2009

What's important in life

I have been thinking about what God has placed in my heart. What's the most important thing in life. Well you think that would be easy to figure out, but it is hard for most of us! Worldly things will not secure a place in heaven for us, it is our relationship with Christ Jesus. Recently, I heard a song by Toby Keith that has touch me like no other. My family is faced with the similar issues as Mr. Wayman Tisdale. You see, I believe that Wayman had figured out what is important, God and family. It wasn't all the nice things that this world has to give, big houses, fast cars, etc..

Music and church were so important to Wayman that after Billy Tubbs recruited him to play basketball at the University of Oklahoma, the team practice schedule changed to accommodate Wayman's Sunday practice from morning to evening to allow him the morning to worship God. He played as a musician for the church. Music was extremely important to Wayman.

"Nothing can change me," Tisdale told The Associated Press last June. "You go through things. You don't change because things come in your life. You get better because things come in your life."

What a profound statement from this man. Daniel 12:3 - Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever.

To see the video click on the title of this blog or copy and paste the url below in your browser.


http://www.cmt.com/videos/toby-keith/450453/cryin-for-me-waymans-song.jhtml?

No comments: