Friday, May 2, 2014

Tear Down that Wall

Tear Down that Wall

If there was ever a time to draw near to God and ask Him to knock down the wall of discouragement in your life so you are empowered to share the gospel, it is TODAY! The world is too dark and the effects of sin are too pervasive not to have every single minister boldly proclaiming the saving truth about Jesus Christ.

Today while I was at the dentist office I witness a young man talking with his grandmother about his plans for college. This young man was so respectful and passionate about his future. I happen to have seen this young man before on TV, he is an outstanding athlete at a local high school with several college scouts looking at him to play football. His mother died about 5 years ago and you could tell that he has been with his grandparents for awhile. As I listen to his grandmother talking to him about always having a backup plan. That he needed to make sure his education was first. He listen with respect and compassion to her. He replied "yes mam", that is the plan.

It was so refreshing to see such respect and love. I spoke to him but for a moment before I was called back for my appointment. I was thinking the entire time I was back in the chair that I hope this is quick, because I have a chance to be a witness to him. It was quick and I was out in the lobby only to discover that Debbie was holding down the conversation and witnessing to him and his grandmother.

While we were get ready to leave I took a few moments to encourage this young man to follow his dream, but to always keep God first and everything will work according to His plan. I told him a little about my life and the challenges that Debbie and I have faced and will continue to face. I mention that are faith is stronger now than ever even facing a mountain. However, God can move mountains....

I guess what I am saying is "more souls are won by witnessing and being an example of God's amazing love". You don't have to have a peice of paper to be a minister to people! You don't have to have a big church to reach people! All that is required is that you are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ, and you are willing to testify to that!

God has the final say on who He chooses to use as a minister. God does not rely on the opinions of man to determine who would be and effective minister, nor does God take into account the amount of failures committed prior to His calling. God desires every person from every background who has repented and been forgiven of their sins to proclaim the truth about God's life-changing grace. So, don't allow discouragement to settle in and silence your voice.

"[God has appointed me into ministry] although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief..." 1 Timonthy 1:13

"[The Corinthian believers were not of the wise] For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the fles, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;..." 1 Corinthians 1:26-27

No comments: