Monday, July 27, 2009

Clean hands and Pure Heart

As I was talking with a very inspiring young lady the other day a thought occurred to me about how we lead our lives. We either rest in clean sheets or dirty sheets. From my perspective I am trying to live a life of clean sheets. This means that for the remainder of my life I will work hard to keep my hands clean and my heart pure. I'm sure that this will be tough, but with the love of Jesus Christ in my heart it should be easy.

Prayer: Lord today is a new day. Please give us the strength to maintain clean hands and a pure heart. Although this will be hard, I'm comforted to know that you are almighty and powerful to protect us from the evil that is all around us. In Christ name I pray. Amen


Psalm 24:3-5 (New King James Version)

3 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD?
Or who may stand in His holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol,
Nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive blessing from the LORD,
And righteousness from the God of his salvation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"a very inspiring young lady" . . . .thanks! i hope people can understand this and really think about where they're at in there lives.
-ash

John H said...

This is a little off topic, but this morning when I was praying, I heard very distinctly what I believe was the Lord saying that today was a day of Break Through!!! So get ready cause God is up to something !!!!!