Saturday, July 25, 2009

Paddling Through Life

Today was a day that I wondered if God would speak to me about what I was going to write today. Well, GOD is powerful and when you least expect it comes.

My son and I have always seemed to have trouble getting along. I called my son this morning and asked if he would like to go canoeing on the river. He hesitated for a little while and called me back and said that he would love too. Now, with me having this brain condition that causes my balance to be off it concerned my wife that we were going. I assured her that my son would take care of me if something happen. When my son arrived we loaded the canoe in the back of the truck and my beautiful wife gave him instructions on what to do if something happen. When my son and I arrived at the river we put the canoe into the river. The current was pretty strong and I was concerned that we may not make it back. My son said let's try! We went about 3 miles and decided that was far enough and started heading back against the current. It took a long time to get back but we made it working together and having fun at the same time. What a joy it brought to my heart that we could spend time going against the current and working together for one common goal, that was to make it back.

I learned today that if you are stuck paddling against a current in your life, whether it be with relationships, finances, etc., that if you work together and believe that you can achieve, you will. This reminds me of a bible verse in Matthew.

Matthew 17:20“Jesus told them.”I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.

No comments: